Monday, April 23, 2012

Bus/train stations in Bastogne

I%26#39;ve researched the train %26amp; bus service from Brussles to Bastogne. I know about the bus that goes to the Bastogne Sud station. The Hotel Melba site indicates that the hotel is only .3km from the Libramont train station. A review on TripAdvisor states that the hotel is near the bus and train station. I can%26#39;t seem to locate the train station being referred to. It would save a lot of hassle if there is a train station within walking distance of the Melba. I%26#39;m not particularly looking forward to %26quot;schlepping%26quot; our baggage from train to train to bus. On our return from Bastogne we%26#39;re going to Brussles Midi to catch the Eurostar to London. If there%26#39;s direct service from Bastogne to Midi, it would be great. I won%26#39;t, however, hold my breath.



Can anyone tell me about the train station being referred to?




|||



From my reading of Hotel Melba website, there is no railway station in Bastogne. You need to take the train to Libramont, catch a conecting bus to Bastogne and then the hotel is very close to the bus station.





%26quot;Venir en train



vous arrivez à la gare de Libramont où un vous prendrez un bus pour la gare du Sud de Bastogne.%26quot;




|||



They are referring to Bastogne Sud railway station, which is where the bus stops. It doesn%26#39;t stop being a train station just because there are no longer any trains..




|||



They are referring to Bastogne Sud railway station, which is where the bus stops. It doesn%26#39;t stop being a train station just because there are no longer any trains..





OK...THAT%26#39;S what I needed to know. Thanks





Mudge the mollified

No comments:

Post a Comment