Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Temploux flea market

Hello, just wondered if anyone here has been to the big flea market in Temploux in August- I%26#39;m trying to find out if it is open all night on the first night. It%26#39;s supposed to start at 6pm on Saturday 22nd and continue the next day. Is it better on the first evening or the next day? Thanks in advance for any info.






|||



Never been, but this says it%26#39;s non-stop from Saturday morning till Sunday evening:



plusmagazine.be/fr/loisirs/hobbies/artikel/1…



This says the brocante (rather than marché aux puces) is from 7h on Saturday till 18.00 on Sunday: www.temploux.be/brocante/index/index.php?l=fr confirmed by the more detailed programme on temploux.com/brocante/edition/edition.php…



However, I see that there is in fact a %26quot;collectors%26#39; market%26quot; on the Saturday only, which finishes at 18.00 on Sat., while the %26quot;brocante%26quot; proper starts then and continues supposedly for 24 hrs. Consequently, if you are more interested in bric-à-brac than collectors%26#39; items (postcards...), that would be the time to go, and this seems to say the best items are available between 18.00 on Saturday evening and 01.00 on Sunday morning: www.objectifmag.be/…



Normally the best items are always available at the beginning of any such market. But as it covers 6 km, I%26#39;m sure there will be plenty there whenever you go.




|||



Thanks Gaminari- that%26#39;s very helpful. Looks like I%26#39;m going to need a lot of strong coffee...




|||



Hi Lucy - can you tell me how to get to Temploux and have you managed to fine a b%26amp;B or hotel. I am thinking of going along with a friend for a couple of days. I can get the eurostar to Brussels and then what? Hope you don%26#39;t mind me asking but I left everything a bit late. Thanks, Jeannie




|||



hi jeannie,



i%26#39;m afraid it%26#39;s too late to get a hotel anywhere very near to temploux- it%26#39;s all fully booked. we%26#39;re sleeping in our van. sophisticated, eh? we always drive to flea markets so i don%26#39;t know about public transport- sorry. you may be able to stay in a hotel in brussels and then get a combination of train/taxi to get you to temploux. hope you manage to make it there!




|||



Hi there



Many thanks for your reply. I think there is a bus service from namur every 30 minutes whilst the flea market is on. If I can%26#39;t find a hotel, I might have to camp out or hire a van. How big is your van? Only joking. If I buy anything that needs transporting back to London I may have to track you down!



Thanks again. I%26#39;ll let you know how I get on.



Kind regards, Jeannie




|||



Hi ya





Getting fed up now. Can%26#39;t find out exactly where the special shuttle bus services departs from in Namur and I don%26#39;t want to book a hotel in Namur which is miles away. Now thinking of hiring a car/van or going to Lille instead. Sorry to be a pain but I can%26#39;t google any longer. How are you getting there by car/van? Cheers, Jeannie




|||



hi, we%26#39;re driving thru eurotunnel with our van, straight to temploux. if you%26#39;re hiring a car/van, you%26#39;ll have to make sure the hire firm allows overseas travel. we always do it with our own van [this is what we do for work].




|||



Hi there



Just to let you know that we%26#39;ve managed to find a hotel (well, I call it a hotel , it%26#39;s * star - I didn%26#39;t know such hotels existed!) in Suarlee which is a couple of km from Temploux. I%26#39;m still not quite sure what to expect. It sounds like all the fun starts at 6pm on Saturday and goes on round the clock. This will definitely put our shopping skills to the test. Good luck with your purchases. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment