Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hotel location question and KDO show

Hi e veryone,





Sorry to abuse your help... I have been researching my trip for the last few days, but there are things I can%26#39;t figure out alone.





As some of you may know from mys previous posts, I am considering the Hilton Brussles City for a few nights ( since I have points). Then I would like to switch to an accor property (since I have a few vouchers to use), so either ibis or novotel. I had more or less decided to book a Grand Place property (ibis or the nearby novotel). However, the sainte catherine properties are cheaper. I stayed in the ibis a few years ago and felt the area around the GP looked nicer. However, now i realize the Christmas market takes place in the St Catherine area, so I was wondering if this would be a nicer area to stay.





My question is about the dates for the market. The Winter Wonders are from the 27of November till the 3th of



January, but from your past experience is the market still up on the 1st - 3rd January. Because if the st catherine area is no longer hosting the market, then I%26#39;d rather stay in the GP. If there is still christmassy stuff in SC, it would be pleasant tp stay there. Any comments?







My other question concerns this event I found on the brussels Tourism website. The KDO show http://www.kdoshow.be/fr/index.html This is at Forest National - Avenue du Globe 36 - 1190 Brussels



Is it easily acessible from the GP area? Has anyone seen this? Is it Cirque du soleil type? Is it worth it?





Thanks in advance.




|||



Usually the market itself ends before NYE (last year, on 28 December) but the skating rink and big wheel in St. Catherine continue until 3 or 4 January.



Forest National is in the commune of Forest, which is on the other side of Gare du Midi from the city centre. I would allow a good 30-45 minutes to get there from the GP area, the only bus that stops right outside is the 54, which starts at Place du Luxembourg and passes by TrĂ´ne, Porte de Namur and Bailli; you could take the 48 bus from Bourse to Duden and either walk from there or connect at that stop to the 54 (2 more stops to FN); or take the (pre-)metro from Bourse to Midi then 82 tram to the Zaman stop, just a few minutes walk away.




|||



Thanks for the help with the location.





Any clues about the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment