Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some more tram advice

Thanks for the info provided for trams to De Konink, I reckon I can get there fine now on Saturday.





However I was wondering about some other tram-related info:





1. I%26#39;ll arrive at Centraal around 12pm on Fri - I need to get to Pelgromstraat - I know I can walk it in about 20 mins, but would it be quicker to buy a ticket, find a tram stop, wait for a tram, and get the tram to there? If so, how can I find the right tram stops to take me there? Or even if they took me to Groenplaatz it would be near enough, I%26#39;m just nervous about finding them when I%26#39;ll obviously be a %26#39;tourist%26#39; and looking a bit lost (or would it just waste more time?)





2. If I plan to take around 6 or more tram/bus journeys, is there a 10-journey composite ticket or similar I should buy? (similar to what I%26#39;ve used before in Brussels - 10 Jump)





3. I want to get down to t%26#39;Zuid fairly quickly at around 1.30pm, from Pelgromstraat - is it better to walk, or to try to find a number 8 tram going south?





4. Is the no. 8 fairly frequent, to get back from Zuid around 6pm? I got stranded there once around 11pm at night waiting for a tram that didn%26#39;t turn up - are they more frequent early evening?





Sorry for all the questions, but I%26#39;m hoping someone who is familiar with zipping around the city by tram might know the answers straight off! Thanks.




|||



Just thought I%26#39;d post some info here that I found out myself after being in Antwerp, in case anyone searches for tram info and comes across my topic above.





- I was able to get underground trams 2 and 5 (direction Linkerover) from Diamant station (at Centraal Station) to Groenplats, which was very central. Took about 5-10 minutes.





- To the Museum of Fine Arts / Zuid area, I got a tram 8 from an above ground stop opposite the Post Office in Groenplats - this took about 15 minutes





- Used the no. 15 to get from Groenplats / Centraal Station to the De Konink brewery





Couldn%26#39;t see any %26#39;10 journey%26#39; tickets (like the %26#39;10 jump%26#39; tickets we use in Brussels) so we paid 10 euro each for a three-day pass which covered trams, buses %26amp; metro. Not sure if we could have done it cheaper but I found it difficult to see what the ticket options were, so in the end we thought a three-day one means we don%26#39;t have to worry about it again.




|||



Hey.





I was in Antwerp last July and i bought a ticket for the tram with 10 passes on it. I forget how much i paid for it but i was very reasonable. These can be bought in any shop or newsagent. Im sure you would be able to purchase one in the central station.





You can also hire out bicycles in the central station. Everyone cycles over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment