Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tram to De Konink brewery

I%26#39;m hoping to do the De Konink brewery tour this coming Saturday at 3pm, and while I%26#39;ve been able to gather vague directions/transport info from emailing them (my fault for the vagueness, as I don%26#39;t speak Flemish to be able to converse fully with them) - I was hoping someone on here might be able to firm up a few details.





The address is Mechelsesteenweg 291, and I believe I need to meet the tour guide at the brewery tap pub beside the brewery.





The website says I can get trams 7 or 15, but when I%26#39;ve tried to use the De Lijn journey planner to find out, again my lack of Flemish has hindered me:



1) Where I can get on these trams (Vlasmarkt? Groenplatz?) not sure where stops are, or how I%26#39;ll know it%26#39;s going in the right direction



2) How frequent are the trams on a Saturday



3) How long will it take to get to the brewery on the tram



4) How will I know where to get off / how can I indicate to the driver where I%26#39;ll need to get off, so he can alert me when we get there? I believe if I get off near Koning Albertpark it would be right - is it easy to spot this or is there a better method for ensuring I end up at the right place?





Any help appreciated, I%26#39;m keen not to miss the tour!




|||



Have a few %26quot;bollekes%26quot; this will seriously improve your knowledge of the Flemish language.



Anyway, you want tram 7 or 15 direction Mortsel, and you need the stop %26quot;boomgaardstraat%26quot;. The stops are announced on the tram. Frequency about every 15 minutes, the trip will take less than 30min.



I do not know in which part of town you are staying but you can indeed take the tram from Groenplaats.



If problems ask a real %26quot;Antwerpenaar%26quot;, he or she will be glad to help you.




|||



It says tram 7 or 15 to the Boomgaardstraat stop, and that this is 50 m from the brewery: Boomgaardstraat is a cross street of Belgieleï.



You need the direction Moortsel and the 15 is probably more convenient than the 7 as it passes close to the Central Station at pre-metro station DIAMANT. %26#39;Boomgaardstraat%26#39; is the stop before %26#39;Harmonie%26#39;.



Here%26#39;s the bus and tram map: delijn.be/images/netplan_antwerpen_042009_tc… Starting from Diamant the 15 (white line) goes - downward on the map - to Lange Kiewitstraat, Plantin, Charlottelei, Lange Leemstraat and Harmonie, where it turns left into Mechelsesteenweg (street the brewery is on), with a park, Konigin Albertpark, on the right-hand side; Boomgaardstraat is the next cross street at the end of this park, before the stop at De Merode, so get ready to get off after Harmonie.



The 7 is the royal blue line, most central place to catch it is probably Meirbrug, next to Meir. The brewery is on the corner of Boomgaardstraat and Mechelsesteenweg (the street the tram runs down): if you put Mechelsesteenweg 291 Antwerpen into google, you should get a map (I do, anyway) although this is a better one, if it works! http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=Belgium+++++++++++++++++++++++++%26amp;address=Mechelsesteenweg+291+%26amp;city=Antwerpen%26amp;state=%26amp;zip=2018



Good luck!




|||



Thanks to both of you - very useful info, I should be fine to get there now!




|||



Correction: it%26#39;s Mechelsesteenweg that is a cross street of Belgielei; Boomgaardstraat is a cross street of Mechelsesteenweg!




|||



... and I see I said %26quot;before%26quot; Harmonie when I meant %26quot;after%26quot;. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment