Thursday, March 29, 2012

Train from Antwerp Centraal

Dear all,





Need some help on train tickets. I will be taking the train from Antwerp Centraal. I am still contemplating whether to go to Frankfurt or Amsterdam. I am actually taking a flight home from either FRA or AMS about 1pm flight, that means I will need to leave quite early on that day to catch the train. Are the trains direct to airport or the city? Which website am I supposed to go to purchase the ticket (quite confused)? Thanks!




|||



Hereby the link to belgian railways : http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/index.php. Check connections and purchase tickets here. Trains to Schiphol (AMS airport) every hour. Trip to Frankfurt Flugh. (airport) takes +- 4hr. Change in Brussels North, you have to book a seat for Brussels-Frankfurt.




|||



Amsterdam Schiphol is much closer so for a 1pm flight you would not need to leave until 0900 which gets to Schiphol at 10:51. Also its a direct train, no need to change.



If you are travelling after the 13th December then the Thalys will use the new high speed track and will do Antwerp to Schiphol in 56 minutes however this requires a reservation and you would need to take the 0831 Thalys to get you there really early or the 1030 train which get to AMS at 1127.



Before the 13th December just take the normal IC train.




|||



Thanks for the replies. Just to re-confirm. I checked the nshispeed website and I got a 9.31am train which takes 1hr 12 mins from Antwerp Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal. Is this the right one? Thanks!




|||



Sounds like the correct train but like I say the train stops at the airport around 17 minutes before it gets to Amsterdam CS.




|||



Sorry need some help here to purchase the ticket online. I tried to buy on the nshispeed website with my HK credit card and the payment cant go through as it%26#39;s said most overseas credit card other than europe are not acceptable. is there other way that I can purchase the ticket? thanks!




|||



That site is really frustrating. Did you try the Thalys website direct or even the Belgian SNBC site. They both have online purchase available.




|||



I tried purchasing from Thalys website but when I key in the dates (which is Dec) the following page indicates that I have chosen an Aug or Sept date. That%26#39;s weird. Maybe it%26#39;s still not available yet. Not sure.




|||



The Thalys ticket should be available, strange you are having problems.



I

No comments:

Post a Comment