Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ypres, Soverign War Tours, East Sussex

Has anyone ever taken a trip with the above company?



Beware! We have had a very bad experience, booked and paid for a trip that was cancelled 3 days before departure and the owner Mark Golloghly has not refunded our money and refuses to reply to communications or try to resolve the matter amicably. He is now advertising for 2010 tours.... please reply if you have had any experience good or bad!




|||



My wife and I had some bad news today. Some 8 weeks ago we booked a weekend break in france through a travel company



Called Sovereign War Tours at a cost of £400. the date was set for Nov.21st





The booking and payment was done via the internet using PayPal. We were supposed to receive conformation and a travel guide



within 2-3 weeks.





After the 4th week we tried to contact them using the phone number on there posh brochure 01323765541 but it would always



go to message.





I left over 20 messages over the next week asking for some one to contact me regarding our booking but go no response.





I also sent many emails to there customers service dep%26#39;t regarding conformation, yet again no response.





We then went back to paypal thinking we would get help right away, Wrong They still want us to go through there complains system They say I must contact the seller and give them a chance to resolve the issue.......lol Ive been trying that for weeks?





Anyway I started the procedure and they gave me the tour company%26#39;s business contact info the phone number was not the same so I thought that I had them....Wrong when I rang the number the person the other end said he had never heard of the tour company but he verified the number was correct.





I then contacted BT they took both numbers and checked them against : Notice even the way they spell the name is incorrect





Soverign War Tours



1 Medina Drive



Stone Cross



East Sussex



BN245EY





This is FRAUD BEWARE




|||



Suggest someone answers the query about this company in the France forum (tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k175604…), or provides link to here.



Personally I would never buy any goods or services from a company that spells its name like that, either they are illiterate or perhaps they went bankrupt under a proper name and had to reregister with this (mis)spelling! Looking for reports on Mr. Mark Golloghly, I am not sure whether the indication %26quot;report status: dissolved%26quot; confirms this (https:/…).AP=Dissolved%26amp;CompanyID=095395100001%26amp;CompanyType=O



I was also going to recommend the cross-border European Consumer Centre - there is one in every EU Member State - but so far it seems these problems concern UK customers of a UK company. You should certainly get a refund for a tour cancelled by the operator, but I don%26#39;t know UK procedures, try reading news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8001974.stm.

No comments:

Post a Comment