Friday, March 23, 2012

Most romantic restaurant in Brugge?

Hi,





I%26#39;m just trying to plan a break in Brugge for December 2009, where I%26#39;m going to propose to my girlfriend. I%26#39;ve already booked a hotel, Oud Huis de Peellaert, that is 150 metres from the Market Square. Now, I%26#39;m trying to find a really romantic restaurant in the city. Any type of food would be fine but I think if it is near water or the sound of water she would really like that.





All suggestions would be great! Thanks a million.




|||



I would recommend you check out Den Djiver (Google or look at reviews on here) - it%26#39;s a family run place, but upmarket modern Belgian food. They have wine-and-food matched menus, and beer-and-food matched menus (Belgium being full of good beers). I took my other half there for a romantic meal and it was great (though we are interested in this type of food and in the beers, so it was right up our street anyway). Friendly, attentive service, not too dressy (I%26#39;m poor so it was fine to dress up a bit, but I didn%26#39;t feel out of place!), and quirky individual touches. It%26#39;s right by the canal, so a nice walk to it from either direction.





Their website should give you more info and an indication of costs %26amp; menu. I think I emailed them to book, but I spoke to them on the phone as well and they were friendly and courteous.




|||



Another vote for Den Djiver here - excellent food - I would also recommend Den Gouden Karpel, great seafood and a lovely atmosphere. If you can get a table overlooking the small square outside it should be rather romantic!





www.dengoudenkarpel.be/index.asp?taal=eng




|||



Try PortoRomano!Nice open fire,great service,great food and very nice romantic music!No water in sight but a must for romantic couples,candlelight!

No comments:

Post a Comment